Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nowhere

I had established a little while ago that I want to live in the middle of nowhere and I believe I have officially decided that this is a great idea!

While in Hilton Head, although it's not in the middle of nowhere by any means it is a very small, quite and quaint area. It's a beach and golf area and therefore very relaxing and conducive to creativity- for me anyway.

Now I am up north, or what we call up north because it's north of Montreal, at Geny's cottage. I am sitting upstairs looking out at the frozen snow covered lake and writing this post. It is snowing ever so lightly, which just adds a magical aspect to the place.

There's something about being outside of a major site and closer to nature. The more connected I feel to nature the more creative I feel. The more I want to write, or craft and read. This then makes me really want to live in the middle of nowhere. I know what my backyard looks like. The house itself is still kinda fuzzy- I only know that I have a bay window I can sit on in my bedroom looking out on the back yard...

My backyard has a large wooden deck with a huge barbecue (basically it's an outdoor kitchen) and then there's an in-ground pool with grass behind that- a large grass area you could play touch football or soccer (not the size of a whole field but big enough to run around in). Then it's woods. It's a beautiful forest that you walk about 10 feet into and you are at a babbling brook or stream- a body of water that moves and therefore makes noise that you can actually hear from the house. From the deck you look out and see the forest and mountains. It's so beautiful.

I have two visions of the place. One is packed with people. There are people everywhere in the yard laughing, swimming, playing, cooking, drinking and just having a fabulous time. It's super social. The other vision is super quite. There's me and maybe one other person but we do our own thing much of the day. I talk walks, write, read, swim, lay in the hammock and cook. We sit down and eat in front of a fire and then read on the couch at night. It's just really relaxing.

So ya I have officially decided that this is what I want. I want to be able to live in the middle of nowhere. About an hour away from a city is good so that when I feel like being out on the town I have somewhere do go. Wonder where this ideal location is... I'll find it. Or it'll come to me. Anyone got any ideas? And once I find it, wanna come visit? Or maybe help me build it?! :)

Have a fabulous day! Go out and enjoy nature. Or stay in and observe the great outdoors. Just appreciate it and be thankful for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment