Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jog/ Walk

For as long as I can remember I have not liked running. Now that I really think about it I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not that good at it. How can someone not be good at running? You may ask. My answer to that is; have you ever seen the episode of FRIENDS where Rachel goes running and Phoebe wants to join her?!



Although when I say that I am not that good at it I mean that my lungs just do not enjoy not being able to breath easily. However I have recently realized that the only way for my lungs to expand and improve their breathing capacity is to practice. And so I have taken up jogging/walking. I am taking it easy on myself and slowly improving each time I get on the street. I jog a section at a decent jogging pace and then I walk a section.

So far I am on day 3 of this new lifestyle and I am happy to report that I have improved. Friday morning I did weights and then a jog/walk, Saturday morning I did an abs yoga program and this morning I did weights and a jog/walk again. This is progress and I am sharing with you because I am celebrating!!!

One thing that I took away from Enlightened Warrior Training Camp when I took it back in June of 2008 is that a warrior celebrates their success! They accomplish something they celebrate it. So this is me celebrating AND committing to getting in shape and losing 50 pounds! This summer I will be making it to peak 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment