Monday, November 14, 2011

NYC 1

I realize that I have not posted anything for a few months now; which I now think of as odd. However during that time period I obviously did not feel the need to post. Today something told me it was time to begin blogging again.

I am currently in NYC staying in Midtown with a friend of mine mine Peaks who got a time share week here from a friend of hers. I have been to New York City four times now (the first time was so short and I was young- I don't normally count it) and there was one time that we came in just to see a show.

I got in Saturday evening and Irma and I decided to go walk around. We wandered down to Times Square- which I have decided is WAY to packed and chaotically stimulating- with all the lights and noise for me. The ONLY reason I go back there is to stand in line at the TKTS booth for awesome discount Broadway show tickets!

Sunday afternoon we went to see Mary Poppins, which was delightful to say the least. I left the theater feeling like 'anything can happen when I let it' and that life is full of possibilities when you believe and have a strong support system.

As I sit here in my room there are sirens BLARING, very loudly in the direction of whatever they are rushing to save. The city is full of lights and sounds that echo off of all the buildings and make me realize just how many people actually live in this city, on this island.

Being on the Empire State building tonight; looking out at the billions of lights that cover the city from ground to sky and as far as the eye can see, made me feel so small. No matter what way you turned there were lights and cars and people walking and sounds from every direction. I still cannot even register the magnitude that is this island; this concert juggle. There are no stars here... well I mean they exist we simply cannot see any of them. We can see planes though, and we can certainly see lights!

What's my point you may be wondering... to be completely honest I was kinda beginning to wonder the same thing and to be frank with you; I am not so super that I have one. Did you have a realization while you were reading this blog that you would like to share? Perhaps you found a point!

Enjoy looking for one if you didn't the first time through.

1 comment:

  1. Thought:

    For every blog out there, there is at least one real person with a full life of trials, tribulations and adventures. Your realization extends much farther than the bounds of New York!

    ReplyDelete