Thursday, February 25, 2010

Canadian Spirit

I am so very proud to be Canadian. I have always been very proud to be Canadian but I suppose there is something special about being from here while our elite athletes are competing at home during the Olympics. True that some of our Canadians have had some really hard breaks where we were meant to get a medal or where we were so very close to getting a medal and just missed it. I'll be honest I have been disappointed with some of the performances and then I remember that oh ya I'm not an athlete and there's no way I would have been able to even make it to the Olympics let alone win a medal myself.

Watching those performances just made me so sad for those very dedicated and determined athletes. These people have dedicated their lives to training in their discipline and just being at the Olympics representing their country is a phenomenal feat! I would LOVE to have something in my life that I was that dedicated to. I do not have the personality to ever go to the Olympics- if you remember not long ago I wrote about how I am not all that competitive.... with if I'm not mistaken you have to be pretty darn competitive to make it to the Olympics!

So as I sit and watch these winter Olympics taking place in Vancouver, Canada this February 2010 I am very proud to be Canadian and able to cheer on our fantastic athletes. I am sending lots of love and energy to all my fellow Canadians who are there and giving their performances everything they've got!

GO CANADA GO! You are amazing! Let's continue to show the world what we're made of! Thank you for representing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment