Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Time

So exciting! I have been having such a phenomenal summer! I got to spend two weeks straight at Glacier Valley Farms just outside of Squamish, BC, changing lives! First of all the location is something to behold. I cannot even explain to you how spectacular this place is.

I wake up in the morning, step out of my tent and stare at this beautiful mountain face with snow on the top and a bright blue sky with the sun just rising. The air is crisp and clean. The grass is cool and the sheep have finally stopped "bah-ing". I walk myself over to the bathrooms, which are basically empty because the participants are already in process and I take a nice long hot shower. Then I get to do some work in the office before krew come and ask a bunch of questions for the day. Then the day truly starts! My awesome team prepares whatever we need for the day, while another team preps for the night and another team deals with whatever is happening in the main room. At the end of the day we are up and working from 7am till about midnight- so nights it's much later... Then we rise and do it all over again!

People think I'm crazy and to be honest I would totally agree with them... The thing is that I absolutely LOVE what I do, which allows me to continue to do what I do everyday regardless of the lack of sleep that I get. And at the end of the camp the transformations and learns that people have gotten make EVERYTHING worth it.

When I work Enlightened Warrior Training Camp I cry everyday. My heart virtue is validated everyday and so profoundly that I cry everyday! You think I'm kidding? Go ask my brother Chris. He has made fun of me more times than I can count about it. The thing that makes me cry is seeing people really "get it" and stand in their power- meaning that they stand up for who they are, and they don't hide parts of themselves in order to be liked by others- they are just real.

I truly and deeply believe that each and every person on this planet would benefit from attending EWTC. Some people may be better served if they take it more than once... Once is the minimum though! This camp is about being accountable for who you are and your own actions. It's about you being accountable to other people who are counting on you for something and it's about being in integrity and doing what you say you are going to do. Here's one thing that drives me CRAZY- when people say they are going to do something and then they do not follow through with it. That really rubs me the wrong way!

Anyway I suppose the point of this entry was really just to say how much I love what I do and who I am when I do it and who I get to hang out with as well! I just LOVE my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment