Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Disconnected Darcy

This past weekend I attended the "I Can Do It" seminar run by Hay House. I got to see Dr. Wayne Dyer, Caroline Myss, Debbie Ford, Doreen Virtue, Robert Holden, Cheryl Richardson and Lousie Hay! It was a fantastic weekend with many new lessons for me and some familiar reminders.

Debbie Ford does shadow work. Which is to say that she not only acknowledges the parts of herself that she does not like but she works on understanding how they serve her and how to really love them as part of her. In turn making herself whole and complete.

This is that same lesson I have written about so many times- we have all of humanity within us and whatever we see out there also exists within. When we disregard it, it has power over us. However when we acknowledge and embrace it we now have the power over it.

This weekend I met, "Disconnected Darcy"... she is part of me. Something that I really like about myself is my energetic, friendliness. And the opposite of that for me is being disconnected. Debbie took us through the process of personifying that trait, hence "Disconnected Darcy", and exchanging notes with them.

And so I asked Disconnected Darcy what her gift was to me; protection- I allow you know when to stay away from bad energy and that it is ok to not be involved with everyone that you meet. Then I asked, what do you need from me; be there and allow me to be there for you. Listen to me when I speak to you. I am here for you. Question number 3 is what will be available to me in the future; your soul-mate is Darcy's response. She says, by being open to the possibility that not everyone person is meant to be part of your life you will be able and willing to open up fully with the perfect person for you.

It's really very interesting to have this conversation. If you would like more information about how to do this work pick up Debbie Ford's book, The Dark Side Of The Light Chasers
-it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment