Sunday, March 25, 2012

L.O.V.E.

I feel in love with this picture the moment I saw it. First of all I love Winnie-the-Pooh, he is just so cuddly and cute! Whenever I see a picture of him I wish he was real so I could give him a hug! The second reason being that I seem to have had many conversations in the past few weeks about the word LOVE and what it means to people.

I have discovered, while writing my book, that loving someone and being IN love with someone are two different things for me. That is not the case for many people.

I say "I love you" to my parents, my brothers, my girlfriends, my co-workers- anyone that I care about deeply really. I love people. True that sometimes people make me crazy, ultimately though I still love them for who they are and how they show up! If I am friends with you chances are I love you.

Being IN love with someone is very different for me. When I am IN love it means romantic love. It is different from family and friends kind of love. When I am IN love with someone my heart aches for that person. I cannot stop thinking about them. They, in a non creepy way, become the focus of my desire.

The question is, how do you know you are IN love with someone? Winnie-the-Pooh implies that is really just as simple as feeling it. What happens when your mind gets involved though and now you cannot differentiate between lust and love? Or infatuation and love? Or desire and love? Or need and love?

Trust. I have come to the conclusion while writing this blog that it comes down to trust. Trust in yourself that you will know the feeling of being IN love with another and that it will be honest and true and real for you. After all, "You don't spell love. You feel it."

No comments:

Post a Comment