Sunday, September 9, 2012

Path

How do you know that you are on the right path? Or doing the right thing with your life?

Sometimes occurrences occur (shocking! I know right?!) and cause me to wonder how they happen. Have you ever been thinking about someone and 30 seconds later your cell phone rings because they are now calling you? Have you ever thought to yourself that you need a new hobby when suddenly someone invites to cooking classes? Ok so these are not necessarily life changing or altering experiences but what if they seem to happen more and more frequently in your life?

Sometimes I find myself wondering if the universe puts opportunities that I am comfortable with in front of me just to test me and see if I will really turn them down for something greater that I could be focusing my efforts on. And then I wonder if the universe is just providing me with some extra experiences so that I am more prepared for whatever the rest of my path looks like.

AND THEN I remember words that a friend once said to me- note that I am paraphrasing- "Veronica you need to stop over-analyzing everything" Those were not her exact words but that was the very simple and clear gist of it. When I recall that moment I somehow manage to stop thinking, even if it's only for a second, breathe and come to terms with the fact that everything happens for a reason and that reason is there to serve me... even if I have no clue what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment