Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thoughts and Breathing

I have begun doing yoga as a more frequent practice recently. I have come to really appreciate the time that I take to do it. I feel more connected, centered and grounded whenever I practice.

I understand the focus on the breath as a means of quieting the mind and creating a space for relaxation and silence within; however, I have come to notice that even when I am focused on my breathe and whatever posture I am in there are still so many thoughts that enter and exit my mind. I suppose these are the kinds of thoughts that happen all day long as I go about my routines and I do not notice them because they are so 'normal'.

What would a day in the mind of me really look like?

I wonder if I could transpose in writing every thought that came into my mind throughout the day, how many pages would I have at the end of 24 hours?! I am including sleeping time in this because I believe that my mind is even more active while I sleep.

Now that I have written this I realize that I do not ever want to be able to do this! It is just too intense. That being said having written this has just made me even more keenly aware of how many thoughts occur to me each and every day. This both terrifies and fascinates me.

What will I think next?

No comments:

Post a Comment