Monday, April 1, 2013

Egg Hunt

At what age are you too old to ask your parents to hide Easter eggs for you to go find?!

Is never a possible answer?!

As many of you who read my blog know, I am a giant kid. (Well I'm not an actual giant but by kid sizes everything is relevant.)

When I was younger my parents used to hide Easter eggs all over the main floor and give us clues as to where they were so we could go search. My brothers and I would have an equal number of eggs to find. I remember this process being really fun.

I am now 27 years old. My parents house is still my home base. My two younger brothers are basically moved out. I asked my parents to hide eggs for me this year because I just wanted to find them. I wanted to be a kid and enjoy searching. I did not actually anticipate them hiding them for me.

Sunday morning I awoke to do yoga and while I was in warrior pose I saw a yellow egg sitting in one of the candles on the windowsill. I had to really focus on completing my practice before running around searching for other hidden eggs!
My wonderful father woke up early that morning to hid eggs for me to find! He hid 10 eggs in total all around the main floor. It only took my about fifteen minutes to find all of them, without clues. I had so much fun! Although the best part about this whole thing is that my parents still humor me and acknowledge that their 27 years old daughter is sometimes 5 years old. I can imagine that it's also very entertaining for them to watch me get that excited about finding colored eggs!

The lesson I learned in this event; it is a really magical experience as a child when your parents really do honor you and allow you to show up however you want to! Thank you to my awesome parents who have clearly continued to allow me to just show up as me, as unique as I am :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment