Monday, March 25, 2013

Finally took a stand!

So I never read the books, and I have heard that they are better than the movies- but after seeing the movies I cannot bring myself to read the books.

Who can guess what series I am talking about?

Anyone guess Twilight? You would be correct.

I watched the first movie, way after it was released on video because I was not really interested in it to begin with. Then obviously I watched the second because it was primarily focused on Jacob... And then I just had to keep watching to know what happened, even though I had already made my girlfriends tell me the entire plot.

The movies were not very good, that's actually kind of an understatement, but let's be fair and just go with not very good as a description. I could not stand Bella in the first three movies and part one of Breaking Dawn for that matter. She was so......... what's the word I'm looking for......... wimpy? annoying? painful? irritating? I'm sure there are more that would be just as accurate but let's stick with those ones.

Bella was obsessed with becoming what Edward (the vampire- for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about) wanted. She just wanted to be his. There was no sense of who the hell she was as an individual. She defined herself by whether or not Edward loved her. It drove me NUTS!!! She had no personality or gumption or spunk (kind of the same thing as gumption) or backbone, well you get the idea.

Then I watched the final installment of the Twilight Saga and I was pleasantly surprised. Suddenly she had a fire and spirit to her; she yelled, she fought, she showed sadness and determination. Bella became a living character, even though she was technically dead because she had been turned into a vampire when she almost died giving birth to her half vampire, half human daughter. Now Bella had something to fight for.

I actually enjoyed watching this last movie because they all had something to fight for. They were finally standing for something worth while and it showed their strength of character and their bonds for each other. Whether you like the series or not this last movie at least moved me into wanting to stand with them.

Moral of the story? If you are going to be on this planet then figure out what you stand for and stand for it whole hardheartedly or else you will continue to be a lost soul like the ridiculously annoying Bella Swan.

I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment