Monday, June 10, 2013

Pay Attention


Welcome to today's lesson about paying attention.

Have you ever made an appointment and then not shown up? Or arrived half an hour prior to the scheduled appointment time?

Welcome to my life right now. This week seems to have gone by in a bit of a blur. I am not entirely sure that I accomplished anything. I know that I had a few moments of genius but they were few and far between. I seem to have arrived at home from another event and all I wanted to do, this is not surprising because it happens all the time, is lay on my couch reading a book or putzing around online. I took naps practically every afternoon which, although was lovely, did not allot for much productivity.

This week I have stuff to do that requires me to leave my house. I have appointments this week before I basically take off for the summer. This brings me back to my original thought processes for this blog. I have an appointment scheduled for 30 mins from now, this very moment. I, in one of my bouts of genius, arrived to my appointment early. Now all the communication between myself and the women I am meeting said our appointment was at 10:30am- the emails, my iPhone calendar- all of it. Yet somehow I decided last night that my appointment was actually at 10am.

I arrived at her house ten minutes early for my “10am” appointment. I took my time and called to make another appointment for this week. Then as I hung up something just felt off. So I went back to our communication and discovered that I was now not only 10 mins early but actually 40 minutes early. When did I decide to not pay attention to ALL the info I have telling me what time things are at?! Although in the end had I not been this early I would not be sitting by the water writing this blog post right now.

I have been wanting to go sit by the water and read/write since I got home a week ago and it has been raining all week- not exactly go sit by the water kind of weather. Now it is sunny and warm and there is a small breeze- PERFECT go sit by the water kind of weather!

Thank you Universe for sending me down here early and for helping me remember to stop, look and listen.

Take time to breathe in the world around you- I finally am right now and I am very grateful for it.


Ps- she thought our appointment was for tomorrow, so we now have it on Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment