Friday, June 28, 2013

Girls & Guys

The other day one of my best girlfriends and one of my best guy friends were over. We sat outside and chatted, just catching up and getting insights into each other and life.

Most of my conversations with people revolve around human behavior and what it means; primarily because I am fascinated by it, so much so that I sometimes wonder why I didn't go into psychology. Of course we ended up talking about relationships.

I stated, as I'm sure I've stated here before, girls are crazy. At the airport the other day I ended up chatting with these two guys, around my age, who were talking about a girl they met who had been crazy- to a point where one of them had to spell out that he had a girlfriend... apparently it did not do much to sway her advances. I chipped in with a very sarcastic, "What? A girl was crazy? That's shocking!"

Well it turns out that there's a word to describe guys as well... Stupid. My awesome friend Derek pointed out that girls are not the only ones in relationships and that although they may be crazy, the guys are stupid.

Now if you look at this divinely, girls are in the flow and emotionally run- at their core. Which, ladies, is very challenging to get away from, why not just own it? (I'm working on it myself. Step one is awareness) And guys are purposeful and sexually run; you can try and deny it- but let's face it, that's useless.

Guys think girls are crazy because they are driven by their emotions first. Girls think guys are stupid because they are driven by sex first.

Derek said something I thought was pretty brilliant...

Girls: emotion- intellect- sex
Guys: sex- intellect- emotion


Guys, if you can get through the beginning part of a conversation with a girl, where it seems like she is talking gibberish, until she gets to an intellectual part- where you are now part of the discussion, you will eventually end up on the other side. 

Girls, if you can get past the fact that guys are not as emotional as you are and you can accept that they think about sex first then you'll be fine.

Here's the challenge that I find myself running into. If you read my last post about my 15th row critic, who I have recently decided to call Maddie, you know that I watch my life like a movie in a theater and then move things around, or I create the movie before it happens. I am beginning to realize that the latter thing can be the most beneficial and the most hindering.

Creating the vision without attachment to what it actually ends up looking like is powerful (it's also known as visualizing/manifesting), and for me is the challenge. I am working on the non-attachment part of the plan. Right now I can feel myself creating possible scenarios in my mind and then getting disappointed before I even allow them to possibly happen. I also feel like these scenarios are currently putting the cart WAY before the horse.

And this is why I stated that girls are crazy. I'll own it. I can feel just how insane I am. Am I the only one? I have continued to say girls, including myself with the rest of the female population, but maybe it's just me... OR maybe I am right and this post is making the rest of you think and own the crazy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment