Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Soundtrack of Life

There are certain films that I've seen in my years that I just love because I find that the music is just SO perfect for the film- on top of the fact that they are just great films! Have you ever watched a movie and thought that the soundtrack was just perfect? Have you ever been moved by the music in a film? Have you ever realized how much the music in a movie affects our perception of the story that is unfolding?

Music in film is as vital as as the moving images themselves. The music tells us how to feel about certain parts of the film. It tells us when to be happy, when to be scared and when to be sad. It helps develop characters, plots and emotions.

While watching The Holiday this past weekend I began to wonder how the soundtrack of my life would sound... In the film, Jack Black's character is a composer, specifically for movies, and he composes a track that 'sounds' like Kate Winslet's character. It's a beautiful track. It made me wonder though if someone were to compose a track that 'sounds' like Veronica Buna what would it sound like? What would my track sound like?

I like to think that the track of my life would be rather happy and light hearted in nature. Something fun and upbeat yet moving and inspirational at the same time. Can a song really be all of those things? Why not?

The sound track of this film is so perfect for it that I cannot imagine what the film would be like if there was no music. It's just so perfect. If you have not yet seen this movie it's a must, especially at the holiday season! I mean after all it is called The Holiday.

I love this movie because not only does it make me laugh and cry- it makes me believe that there is still someone out there for me. Four unsuspecting people end up in wonderful relationships and it makes my heart happy! Watch it and let me know what you think! I hope you love it as much as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment