Monday, September 27, 2010

This is WHY!

I am so beyond fortunate! I cannot even believe that I get paid to facilitate transformation in people's lives. I know I've written about this before in respect to working with Peak Potentials and this post is actually about working with Dynamix Adventures.

I've been working with Dynamix for three years now, at first very part time then very full time and now I am back to part time. The way my schedule is working out right now I am only working on retreats! I mean truly I don't know that I could possibly be happier with the way this. Being at retreats are where I shine. I am able to connect with the kids which allows me to figure out where the balance is between being strict and having fun. I am able to do real debriefs and I am able to be in nature.

This past weekend was the epitome of why I do what I do. A grade 10 and 11 student leadership class came up to camp for a retreat with us. These teens were beyond amazing! They showed up ready to learn and have fun. They took on every challenge that was put forth with such intense energy and passion. I got to push them to go beyond their comfort zone and really look at not only the challenge but also their lives! They learned a ton and they taught me even more. This retreat was truly a gift for me.

On the last night we had a bon fire and shared what our favourite moments were and why. For me the entire retreat was my favourite moment! In all reality I was so emotional because my heart virtue was perfectly fulfilled. These kids showed respect, stepped into their integrity and stood in their confidence. It was incredible to be a part of and I am so very thankful for having been given the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment