Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Complicated

I sat down to work on my taxes on Saturday February 27th, 2011... I finished them today, Tuesday March 1st. I still cannot even believe that it took me that long to actually complete them fully. Last night I was done the rough draft. Today I went to re-copy and write out nicely in order to send them in. While I was transferring the numbers I discovered that I had made a slight error in calculations somewhere along the way!

Brutal!

I am now finally DONE!!! I will be getting money back from both the Federal and Provincial government, which makes me smile. More importantly though I did the majority of them all on my own!!! My mom helped me out towards the end when I seemed to be making some really silly errors because my eyes were going cross eyed after staring at the same numbers for three days!

When I first sat down and attempted to being I was at a loss because the way I used to claim was no longer an option since I was both and employee and an independent contractor this year. So my forms were not the right forms and I wasn't positive about how I was meant to file and mind frick about not knowing what to do began. It kept me pretty stuck for the better part of Sunday actually.

Monday though I was determined to figure out how I was meant to do my income taxes. And I did. I finished up around 11pm Monday night! Had myself a little celebration dance then went to sleep- a very restful and wonderful sleep I might add!

Lesson: what I focus on expands. The more I felt they were complicated the more complicated they seemed to get. Once I decided that I could handle the complications the easier they got. Focus on what I can do and get that done. Each step completed is a success and deserves a celebration!!!

On that note- I worked out for the second time this week today!!! Ya me!

No comments:

Post a Comment