Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Honoring One People

I have never been so sad about a tragedy as I am about this one. I even feel guilty admitting that because is it any 'better' to have someone go and murder high school students vs. elementary school students? No. It is not 'better' in anyway. People of all ages and races, nationalities and religions should have respect and compassion for each other and honor each other as human beings.

What would the world look like if we all cared? If we all just honored the person next door for who they are and what they believe? EVEN if what they believe is different from what we believe? The world would be full of love and appreciation. As a matter of fact the world is already full of love and appreciation! It could just use a little magnification!!!

The tragedy that occurred on Friday December 14th at Sandy Cook Elementary school is one that has shaken me. I am deeply sadden by what has happened. Watching this beautiful tribute made me cry, reading the posts of amazing children wanting to honor their peers by sending balloons off into the sky had me crying as well. My desire to honor these beautiful souls who have now moved on has brought me to wanting to acknowledge and honor all those from the various other mass shootings that I may not have before.

It also gets me wondering why we go to war. Why is it 'okay' to send soldiers into other countries where they inevitably kill others; women, men and children, but we get up in arms when it happens in our own back yard? Why are we not up in arms when ANYONE gets murdered? I just cannot understand.

If you are reading this I want to tell you that you are human and remind you to love those around you, even when you disagree because we are ONE people living in six billion worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment