Friday, December 28, 2012

Past, Present, Future, Parallel...

Do you believe that you have been here before? I don't mean physically in this particular spot before but I mean your soul. Has your soul, the essence of who you are, been on earth before? Lived a life prior to this one you are currently living? When you die will your soul return in another form to live another life?

I would guess that there are many people who have never asked themselves these kinds of questions, obviously I have... I do believe that I have been here before and I have this feeling that I will return again because somehow I do not think I will accomplish or learn everything I am meant to in this lifetime.

I am not sure how I feel about parallel lives though. Imagine how convenient it would be if your soul was learning twice as fast because not only is it living the life you are currently living it is also living a second one at the same time. I find it fascinating to think that this is possible, whether it is or not is completely irrelevant to what I want to discuss though- just thought it would be interesting food for thought.

Back to the topic at hand... Assuming I have been here before, I have experienced any number of things. It is possible that I have experienced both great tragedy and great success. It is possible that I have been very famous and powerful, just as I may have also been very poor and meager. Perhaps I have been abused or perhaps I have abused. In any case my soul knows. My soul has experienced it and it knows what I have been through and what I have yet to experience.

If my soul knows do you think it has brought it's knowledge forward and into this lifetime? Yes. (at least that's my answer) I am sure that my thoughts and feelings around certain things have no relevance to this current life. Have you ever gotten so angry about something but felt like you had no grounds to really be that angry? Regardless of what it violated? Have you ever wondered about it? I have.

I have had conversations about having children with various people in my life over the past few years and I still have not come to a definitive answer as to whether or not I want to have a child. I have often wondered why this is such a debate within me. I recently worked through this abnormal anger that I had around the subject when discussing it with particular people and discovered that it stemmed from a past life experience. I thought that I had already worked through it with a friend and yet apparently there was more- or perhaps a different life and situation. I have now managed to release the anger around the subject and I am very thankful, because it was very frustrating to not understand it. I now have an understanding of why I was so angry and I can accept it for what it was. I can allow it to be what it was and I can let it go in this lifetime. My soul clearly was not ready to let go of it before and it's possible that layers of it are still around but I have begun the work and that's what counts.

My past lives are my past, just as my experiences in this life are my past. Is my past relevant to who I am today? It has MADE me who I am today! If I focus only on clearly out my conditioning from this lifetime there would be layers and layers of junk that is beneath that, which I could be missing. I figure if I'm going to clean house I might as well be ready to go all the way into the darkest corners of the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment