Sunday, December 2, 2012

Online vs. Real World

How do you meet people?

There is this large debate going on in my head about how to go about meeting new people and more specifically guys. I meet new people when I work constantly!!! Only problem with that is that they live in whatever city I am traveling to and not in the city I live in.

So what about online? Does it work? I have three girlfriends who have found their significant others online. I keep really wanting to put my trust in it and yet also keep having second thoughts about the whole processes.

Today one of my guy friends was saying how the online dating thing is just not for him. He prefers the unpredictability of real world dating. Meeting someone in some random situation like grabbing the same book at the library... who goes to libraries now?!

This then got me thinking about how the online world is just as real as the real world. It looks different sure but it is still just another avenue to meet people. And I think that in both the 'real world' and the online one people can be equally as judgmental and superficial. So what is the real difference?

Perhaps this post was really just for me to convince myself that there is merit in the whole online thing and that I could actually give it a viable chance. Or pehaps it was just to open someone else's mind to the possibility... Somehow I really think it was for me but you never know... Did I open your mind?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment