Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dance Dance

I love to dance. I have always enjoyed dancing. I have also always enjoyed people watching. I could be anywhere when observing people becomes super entertaining for me. Put these two things together and where do you think I was this weekend?

Did you guess a club?! Correct! This was my first time at a club in... at least 3 years. I forgot what they were like. It was my girlfriend's bachlorette party so regardless of my opinion of clubs I was going and I was going to have fun.

As the night began and people were still at a reasonable level of intoxication it was actually pretty easy and fun. As the night progressed and I became more sober while others became more intoxicated........

I witnessed guys groping girls, girls throwing themselves at guys, guys get ready to fight other guys and even girls, all in all it was a social experiment everywhere you looked! If I could have only been a fly on the wall it would have been even better.

While our circle of girls was at full capacity of 14 the guys seemed to stay away, as if we were this impenetrable force. Then as our dancers slowly subsided and evacuated the dance floor evasion was inevitable.

If you are a guy reading this please pay attention, not all girls like to have you come up behind them and start dancing with them. Somehow this became socially acceptable behavior in clubs and I simply cannot understand why. I mean girls if you don't even know what the guy looks like do you really want to be dancing with him? And if he just assumed that you wanted him to dance with you do you really want to dance with him? Perhaps I'm the only one who still believes in some form of chivalry, even at night clubs. Would it be too much to ask to have a guy ask to dance with you? Not in my world.

I discovered that even in extreme situations I am still, uncompromisingly committed to respect, integrity and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment