Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The time is NOW

I kind of wish that I had a digital clock font to write the word NOW in for the title of this post.

I have been back from Enlightened Warrior Training Camp for a week and a half now and today was the first day that I went back to yoga. I have been practicing relatively regularly, well regularly for me anyway, since July. When I practice I feel more grounded, more connected and overall more balanced in my life on and off my mat. When I am out of practice it feels like my mat kicks my ass!

Today was the second time that I attended a class and had to lay in savasana for almost half the class. I felt dizzy, nauseous and unfocused. The flow itself wasn't anything overly challenging, they were all poses that my body had done before, but today I was simply disjointed.

Throughout my time on my mat I continued to pay attention to my breath, every inhale, every exhale, the movement of my belly, chest and ribs. I watched what thoughts came in and departed easily and paid even more attention to the ones that lingered.

I noticed that the lingering ones were about the past or the future. It was as if I had no thought about my practice itself anymore. Slowly I continued to train myself to refocus on the NOW.

When it is? NOW
Where are you? HERE
When? NOW
Where? HERE

I "learned" this at EWTC five years ago, as a participant and have been reminded of it at every camp I have been at since, and yet it has not been as obvious to me what this really means until I began my yoga practice.

In every moment just breathe. My breath guides me. As long as I continue to honor my body my breath will continue to honor me and bring me to where I need to be... HERE and NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment