Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Costume Fun


I have never been a big Halloween person- when I was younger I dressed up and went trick-or-treating typically as a princess sometimes as a scarecrow or even a strawberry. Then I grew up and out of the trick-or-treating phase. At this point it seemed like I always had some family thing to do on Halloween so I never noticed that I was that into it- I didn't have a choice.

This year I had a party to go to. My brother and two of our friends got dressed up and headed out to our friend's farm. We had a wonderful time; eat, drank, talked and danced- good times. The best part about the night though; getting to be someone else.

I got to play a part. I got to be my rock band character V-Ron for the evening. I have never worn a wig before and I have to say this purple one was pretty bad ass!!! I got to create my own costume- I mean I created my own character on rock band and if you saw her you would see that this costume came pretty close to what she's actually currently wearing.

I love myself and my life- that doesn't mean that it's not fun to dress up and be someone else for a little bit. As V-Ron I wasn't terribly different than Veronica other than I was slightly more in your face cool instead of secretly cool. Point being that I had a lot of fun being V-Ron and can't wait for my next costume party!

No comments:

Post a Comment