Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shift in Energy

I do not watch very much TV so I pick my shows pretty carefully. I watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice on Thursday nights and depending on my mood I'll sit down and watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters on Sunday evening.



On last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy "New History" the chief's wife came into the hospital and accused Miranda Bailey (my favorite character) of cheating with the chief. His wife says that something is different with the chief and if he isn't cheating sexually than something else is going on because he has changed. Turns out, in the last scene, that he is drinking again- for an alcoholic, not good!

This makes me wonder- can you tell when your significant other is cheating? The chief's wife knew that something had changed- she sensed the shift in his energy. I personally am a terrible liar and people who know me well can see right through me when I say something is 'fine' and it's really not. This then seriously makes me think; are cheaters just really good liars or are their significant others just ignoring the energy shift?

Then again if you do notice the shift and you ask what's wrong or what's changed and they say, "Nothing" what do you do then if you know in your heart that something isn't right? How much space do you give them before you really push it? It just makes me wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment