Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

I am not a huge New Year's Eve kind of person. I would much rather have a nice dinner at home with friends and family and play games, then watch the ball drop at midnight together, instead of going to some hall or club to ring in the new year. I suppose I would rather do the former on any night of the week really over the later. At clubs I feel claustrophobic and as much as I like to dance I enjoy my space more!

Anyway point being that I stayed home and enjoyed a yummy dinner, thank you Chantal! Then we played Partini, which was too funny! Then we watched the ball drop and apparently 20 minutes later I was out cold on the couch in the living room, while everyone else went downstairs to play Rockband. Good news; I spelt like a rock that night!

Day 1 of 2010 I went snowboarding for the first time in 9 years, and back then I had only gone once. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with myself and my apparent skill... I fell a few... ok more than a few times and I got down the hill and I got back up to the top and got down again. I managed to carve a few times but otherwise I lived mostly on my heals. I still haven't figured out if I board regular of goofy, I kept changing it even when I carved.

This was one courageous act for Day 1 of 2010! I am very proud of myself for going up and getting down and doing so relatively well. I also have to give my brother props for being so wonderfully patient with me and teaching me! I look forward to getting on the hill again and working on my skill set... I just gotta give my body some time to recuperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment