Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Transperancy

While talking to a friend of mine today about my blog we began to discuss if people are real when they write online for all the world to potential read. He shared about an experience he had that led him to believe that some people would actually say one thing and then write something else online. This then caused me to think about my own blog and my honesty.

There are a few things to keep in mind here. First of all this blog is not by definition a journal; a journal is in my eyes anyway a private place where you write down your thoughts and frustrations and it is for you and you alone. A blog- or mine anyway is, in my own words from my very first post, is about me and how: "Now I am going to write about my own life. I am intending that I become just as clever about my own life through my writing as I am about other people's lives." In other words although I am writing about my own life and experiences it is for the purpose of reflecting and understanding what the universe may be trying to tell me.

Do I write about everything going on in my life? No. Do I write honestly about whatever I do write about? Yes, I like to think so anyway. True that there are times where I phrase things carefully so as to ensure correct understanding for the reader or to purposely keep it vague because in the end I realize it is not really your business. So yes I do not always give every bit of detail about a situation but I certainly do give sufficient information to keep you informed and to make my point whatever that point may be... I always hope that there is at least a point to my ramblings, sometimes I doubt it.

In the end I will say that I am committed to Respect, Integrity and Confidence. I in no way feel that I have been out of my own integrity when writing this blog. I truly believe that if any of you who this ever felt that I was I would have already heard about it! For this I must say thank you. Thank you first and foremost for your continued support and secondly for really being there and being my friends who I can count on to call me on my shit. I suppose I tend to call myself on my own shit often through the blogging but there are times where I still need a kick in the ass and you are always there to give that!

Love you lots
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Hey V,

    I see a blog and a journal are not really the same. I think it's a lot harder to be honest when you're writing a journal with an audience in mind. But clearly this is not the same thing. Looks cool.

    Awesome playlist.

    See you soon.

    O

    ReplyDelete