Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Inspired

When I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about my blog he asked me if I had written one about him. I told him that I had yet to do so and that I could. Actually as soon as he asked I knew what I would write about.

And so Jared this one's inspired by you...

Have you ever had a friend who is just absolutely present to you and there when you need them? Have you ever had someone who just emanates love and support and understanding? Have you ever had this person be someone you literally just met?

This summer while working Wizard Training Camp out in Squamish, BC I met Jared. I had never met him before and these are all qualities that he has. In truth he's pretty freckin' remarkable. He has this way of talking to you where you feel like you're the only person around for miles! He makes you feel important and cared for plus he's a great cuddle buddy and fun to dance with!

I am fortunate to have the privilege of meeting amazing people like Jared everyday. People who see me for who I am and not just what I do or where I come from. People who see past all the stories to the real essence of me. I am also lucky that I have this same ability. There are times where I find it easier to see past the shell to the person beyond and others when it's difficult. I understand why some people are harder to get past and it's because there's something vital that I see and notice and learn from- they are mirrors for myself in some way.

Either way I want to say thanks to Jared for reminding me that I can see past the stories to and that I have the ability to be as present as he is, as accepting and as loving as he is. Love you Jared!

How's that for an inspired post about you?! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your insights!! I miss you! I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete