Friday, October 8, 2010

Why does it have to be drama?

When hanging out with guys does it have to be drama? When you ask them a simple question why does it turn into a story or into, "well what do you really want?" Why can it not just be what it is?

"Would you like to go for dinner?" Does that have to be a date? Does it mean I love you? Does it mean I want to spend the rest of my life with you? WHY does it have to mean anything other than, would you like to go for dinner? I realize that if there is some sexual polarity within the relationship you want to set some sort of context as to whether or not this is considered a date or if it is just friends going out for dinner. The thing is that it's pretty simple and easy to just go to dinner and see what happens. Maybe while at dinner you end up deciding that you would really like to see each other again or maybe one dinner was enough. Who the hell knows unless you go and find out?!

Can you tell I'm slightly frustrated right now? I just don't understand why a simple question requires a thousand more in order to answer the original one!

I am clear about why I am so frustrated with this- I am normally the one asking the thousand and one questions because I have this 'need to know' and for once in my life I was the one who wanted to just go with the flow and see what happened! Oh well it obviously was not meant to happen now.

Detach from Drama... that is the card that I pulled from Doreen Virtue's Ascended Masters Oracle Cards after writing the majority of this blog post. Crazy how the perfect message always comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment