Monday, October 25, 2010

Ravish

Definition of ravish: to overcome with emotion especially with joy or delight- Merrian-Webster Dictionary.

I personally really like this definition. Yes there are other parts of the definition I am just going to choose to focus on this one because it is happy and makes me smile.

Masculine and feminine energy are very different. For anyone who would like to disagree with me that's fine I would just like to you acknowledge that this statement could be true before you continue to read this post, otherwise you'll just be angry and you will not actually learn anything.

The Way of the Superior Man, if you have read my blog recently is a book I am currently reading which is a spiritual guide to mastering the challenges of women, work and sexual desire- the book is written for men true, however ladies it is SO interesting and very enlightening to read. Yes there are parts of the book that are less relate-able for me as a female reader, however they are still very interesting because it gives me a sneak peak into what goes on for guys.

One of my favorite parts of the book is when David Deida is explaining how in a relationship in order to have that 'je ne sais quoi' quality of passion and desire and polarity you need to have a ravisher and a ravishee. Not that it matters necessarily whether the ravisher is the man or the woman but typically males have a more masculine essence where as female have a more feminine essence. Agree or disagree I don't much care but I will speak for myself. And then you can decided where you believe you stand.

Would you rather be the ravisher or the ravishee? Think about this carefully... In a typical situation; because of course there are times where you feel like being the other but the majority of the time which role would you rather play? This may be TMI but I would rather be the ravishee. It's nice to not be in control or have to make the decisions sometimes. Picking a restaurant to eat at... sometimes I really do want to go to a specific one and other times I just want to be surprised. Make a decision and go with it. I don't have to know all the time or be responsible for it even if I want to.

Guys; have you ever called your woman up and said, "We're going out tonight. Put on that short red dress that makes you look sexy and be ready for 7pm!" Ladies have your men ever done this? I know that my first question would be, "Where are we going?" Here's the catch though- I don't actually want to know! I am asking because I am curious but I would rather you not tell me! Allow me to be surprised and keep me in a state of not knowing, forcing me to go with the flow and fall into my feminine energy more easily.

And so men to ravish is to open up so lovingly with your woman that she has no choice but to open and receive it. Now if only I could find the guy for me... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment