Sunday, March 24, 2013

Creation

I have always loved being creative; whether it's through painting, dancing, writing, collage'ing (I LOVE mod podge), or bead work. Writing is the one form that I use the most consistently. It is the easiest way for me to stay connected to source because I find a way to loose myself when I write, sort of like what happens to me when I do yoga or go swimming.

Last weekend we painted at Mission Development Camp, an event that I was part of. Our objective was to paint our vision of the world when our mission is being fulfilled. I began painting with NO idea of what I wanted to create. I know what I want the world to be like, and feel like- and for such a visual person, I thought I knew what I wanted it to look like... I had nothing. I just started. I trusted that the vision would create itself through me, that I was to just be the person with the brush and that some higher power was going to be the one actually painting.

In the end I LOVE my piece. I had fun just going with whatever happened and I am really happy with my end result. I was so happy in fact that when I returned home I was still buzzing and I knew I had to paint something else. I was not really sure what that was going to be, I just knew I had to do it and trust.

I messaged the artist who facilitated our art last weekend and asked him to come up with some boundaries or an objective for me. I have realized that I strive when I have lines I am meant to stay within. THEN I can bust through them however I want. Whereas when I have a fully blank canvas I have no idea where to start.

He said: "Emergence comes to mind first. Spring equinox inspiring some new changes, seeds into flowers"

I went to the art store with one idea of what canvas sizes I wanted. I allowed myself to be called to something different.

Here's what I created.
  They can hang side by side or separately. I love them and I am very proud of the way I just had fun creating these and how they have turned out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment