Monday, October 19, 2009

Colors

Sunday October 18th, 2009 was a most spectacular fall day in Montreal. One of those perfect days where it's not too cold and not too hot, there's a gentle breeze and the sun is shinning. One of those days where the light allows every color on every leaf of every tree to shine brilliantly bright. Taking advantage of the perfect day my parents and I took the dogs and went for a stroll in a forest/park not far from our house.
We strolled along the path through the woods and admired the amazing reds, oranges, yellows and greens. One of my favorite things to do is to just walk through wooded area and be present with mother earth. I realize that she is everything and everywhere but I feel so different when I am in the woods. I find this sense of calm comes over me while I am hidden in the trees. I feel like they are there to protect and shelter me. They are there to care for me and tell me that everything is fine and to keep growing. There are young trees and old trees. There are trees that still have lots of their leaves and others that are almost bare. Each tree is different. Each tree is unique. Each tree plays its part. Together, however, they are spectacular.

Fall in Montreal is my favorite time of year. The temperature is just right. The colors are just perfect. Thank you mother nature for making fall so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment