Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wizard Family

Another peaks family gathering at the Buna's occurred this weekend! We had many a Wizards over for fun and food. What an interesting bunch of people we are. We laughed, played, talked, sang, ate and then ate some more. Every time we have a gathering of people like this I learn something.

This weekend my lesson was that family always comes first.

I began these personal development courses with Landmark Education back in 2003; I was 17 at the time. My brothers and I attended the Teen forum and then decided to take the Advanced Course together. While attending the Advanced course they offered us the 10 week season course so we committed to taking that one as well, since it was our next step. We were ready to go when we got a phone call from Landmark saying that my youngest brother, Sebastian would not be able to take the course with us because he was not old enough yet.

My parents did everything in their power to get them to allow him in. They wrote letters to everyone and were even taking the course with us. Landmark would not budge. Well we were not about to leave a vital part of our family out of the process so none of us continued our education with Landmark.

I had always thought of this experience negatively- until this weekend. David pointed out to me that although this may have been frustrating it proved to us, our family, that we were the most important thing to each other. We were in it all together; "One for all and all for one!" (the three musketeers) Landmark showed me what it was to stand up for what I believed in and I believe in my family and our integrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment