Saturday, December 18, 2010

Give generously and Receive graciously

This is a saying that a company I once worked for uses. I love it, which is a big reason as to why I even worked for the company- I believed in what they stood for.

There is part of the saying that I find I am able to do really well, for the most part while the other half of it I sometimes struggle with. Now is probably the time of year that I am the most keenly aware of my lack in one area...

Give generously- I find that I am pretty solidly decent at doing this. I love to give gifts, make gifts, make cards, give gift certificates, wrap gifts and so on. I just enjoy doing all of that stuff. My family did a secret Santa exchange and I wanted to wrap everyone's gift for them even though it was meant to be a secret. I was the only one who had figured out who everyone had- side note. I enjoy watching people open the gifts I've made or bought them because I helped to put the smile on their faces when they see it.

Receiving graciously- however, I find that I struggle with sometimes. I certainly did this week when receiving some of my gifts. Some were brilliant and perfect for me and some were... well not so much. In my stewing over it I realized that whether or not the gift is perfect for me, in my own opinion means nothing because in the end it's always perfect because oh shocking I am learning a lesson from it. Be grateful and graciously receive it because it was given to me and someone took the time to wrap it, buy it and give it to me. They made an effort and cared enough to make said effort and that I appreciate. Therefore I am going to say thank you once again for my beautiful presents, I really do appreciate that you care enough about me to get me something. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

And so my lesson- to continue to work on receiving graciously in all aspects of my life- not simply in my ability to do so with gifts- but also with assistance when offered!!! (That one is HUGE for me so if you see me struggle help me out will you?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment