Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tears

"To cry is to shed tears as a response to an emotional state in humans"

This morning I woke up and it was Christmas. I got out of bed, dressed and packed all my things and then the car. We had to check out of our condo by 10am and would only be getting into our new one at 2pm. The car was packed by 9am so that we could get on skype with my brothers and our extended family that they are spending Christmas with, the Melos.

We got to share in their opening of gifts ceremony. Everyone was in their "forbidden" room, clearly not forbidden on Christmas day because that's where the tree is, and they were going around in turn opening one gift after another.

My family has not been into big Christmas' for almost 15 years now. We have, however, always been into family. And so to not be spending Christmas with my brothers really got to me this morning. I did not realize how much I miss them until I realized what I was missing watching everyone be together on Christmas morning by the tree opening gifts. I know it's silly because we did our 'Christmas' on the Thursday evening before we left. Still I shed a couple of tears while walking on the beach. It just made me sad to not be with them. I miss you boys. I love you so much and wish that we were all together for Christmas.

All that being said I walked the beach I waited for piece of them to find me. That must sound so weird when I say it like that but that's what I did. I thought of both my brothers and a select few others who I am making gifts for and asked for pieces of them or of thing that would serve them to find me. I managed to collect several feathers of various shapes, sizes and colors, shells and drift wood. I am very excited to actually sit and sort through all of my collection to see what I have found for each of them. My creative inspiration is continuing into this coming week!

So this post is really about family and about how much I value mine, both immediate and extended. So from my heart to yours may your Christmas be filled with love, gratitude and joy.

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment