Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Question Game

An amazing friend of mine who's name shall only be revealed later on... ok really it makes no difference I just thought it sounded cool.

My friend Nick and I have, since we met last year, been playing 'the question game'. At least that's what we call it. He asks a question, we both answer it and then it's my turn to ask a question. The questions started out really simple and easy; favorite color, number, movie, song, food... all the favorites basically. Moved up a notch to something that required a little more thought; if you could visit anywhere in the world right now where would it be? if you could say one thing to any person, dead or alive what would you say and to whom? describe your ideal date... any number of ones like that. Of course we have also asked about sex, which seems to be inevitable because it's the one topic everyone thinks about and we tend to not talk about it. So once the conversation has begun and you know the other person is gonna give you an answer what questions would you want answers to?!

I have had fun with 'the question game'. I really enjoy playing it with Nick because he asks some of the most thought provoking questions. I also enjoy teaching the game to others. My mom and I played during our walk on the beach today. In the hour we were walking we hit a very big range of various questions. I like playing with large groups of people as well. I remember one night at Manoir (the local brasserie) Nick, my brothers, Tina and two other friends played the game. We each took turns asking and everyone answered. Some of the question were awesome and the answer boring and vise-versa.

I have decided to begin keeping a log of all the question I would want to ask while playing the game. If you have any that you think would be good questions let me know. I love learning about people and laughing at all the things that we seem to remember. So ask your friends and family some questions that you really want to know the answer to... However I recommend starting with small easy questions, like the favs, in order to establish a trusting relationship- you are keeping this info to yourself.

Here are a few more thought provoking questions I heard today;
- where is the one place in the world that you have to see?
- if you could have a conversation with anyone- past or present who would it be?
- if you could take back anything you've done what would you take back?
- what do you want your tombstone to read? aka what do you want to be remembered as?

I thought that last one was pretty intense- thanks Mom. Think of some questions you want to know the answer to and then just sit back and enjoy their responses. Just listen to what comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment