Thursday, December 23, 2010

Inspired Creativity

A good friend of mine, came into town this week to hang out and unwind after a pretty hectic six weeks. She was inspired to make her nieces and nephews dream catchers. We went to a gem stone and bead store by the beach and she found her materials. I chose to make myself a necklace for my new year's outfit and bought supplies to accomplish that task.

The next day, having seen the beautiful dream catchers she had managed to create; each one totally different from the next, I was inspired!

I searched through all the supplies we had at our disposal and then headed back to the store to collect more! I spent the rest of today; in total it probably amounts to approximately 8 hours of crafting time to create three dream catchers. Holy smokes! When I think about it like that I cannot even believe that I have that kind of patience. I did take a break to read for awhile and to eat- always super important!

After 8 hours though I have three very different dream catchers for three similar and yet different people. It's amazing what happens when I just start working. My hands moved things around just right to create something so unique and beautiful.

Thank you for the inspiration Kathleen! I now have four more to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment