Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's the most wonderful time....

Of the year...

My family has, for at least the past 10 years, not been super 'into' this time of the year- being Christmas. I mean when we were younger we did the real Christmas tree, and all the cookies, and the roasted chestnuts and the house lights. Then when I was around 12 we started going down south for Christmas because my dad got the full two weeks off, working in construction and all. My parents have always valued vacations which is probably why I enjoy travelling so much now because although much of the time I am travelling to work it's still travelling and I do my best to stay an extra day and make it a vacation! Small side note...

This year is not much different. We are heading down to Hilton Head, South Carolina on Friday for two weeks. This year though we get to come back for New Years Eve, which is very exciting because we are going to be having a big yummy turkey dinner with lots of friends over, which always makes me very happy. We are also only doing one gift each. We decided at the last minute to do a secret Santa gift exchange with a max spending limit of $30... I went slightly over that limit with the gift I got for my person, that's ok though because they are going to love what they got!

Here's the one thing that I like about this time of the year: getting to hang out with fabulous people that I love. My family and my friends. I also love making Christmas cards for everyone since it gives me the space to be creative AND utilize my gift of writing- which some of you may agree that I have if you enjoy reading this blog, while others may disagree and that's ok! Either way though I enjoy writing the inside of the cards even more than designing them.

So here's a Christmas card for all of you to enjoy.




May you have yourself a VERY Merry Christmas and a marvellous New Year which brings you love, joy, passion and purpose!
With lots of love,
Veronica*

No comments:

Post a Comment