Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What level are you?

The other day while talking to a very good friend of mine I had yet another AH moment or understanding. Something I have begun to notice is that when I take courses it's impossible to really comprehend everything that I learn while I'm there, however "real" life situations occur and I am able to refer back to a lesson that was taught to help me understand what is going on.

When I attended AuthenTalk over a year ago now, Greg Moores talked about a 1-10 rating of life model. He asked us if you were to rate your life right now on a scale of 1-10 (10 being off the charts happy and 1 being suicidal) where would you be?

My answer if I can remember correctly was probably a 7 or an 8. As a matter of fact most of the people in the course raised their hands when he asked, "How many of you are a 6, 7 or 8?"

This is what he taught; the average person, one who is simply content lives their life as a 6, 7, 8 because that is an 'acceptable' state of happiness. Since the average person lives there it is easy to relate to each other. If someone is feeling lower than a 6 then someone who is a 6-8 would feel compelled to bring that person up to their level because we don't want anyone to be depressed. Here's the real kicker though- when someone is feeling like their life is a 9 or 10 then people living in the 6-8 levels want to bring them down so that they are not above them.

When you continue to surround yourself with 6-8 level energy people then you will continue to have a 6-8 level life. When you decided to start hanging out with level 9 and 10 people then you will be brought up! Do not allow people to bring you down, instead support them and raise them up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment