Thursday, November 11, 2010

When did that happen?

When did I become insignificant?

Last night I went out with my girlfriends from home. There were five of us there, myself included and I spoke for about five minutes. Five minutes of boy talk and that was that. When others shared I would offer my opinion and sometimes I felt like it landed on some but certainly not all of them.

Here's the problem though- when I am with them I can feel myself go into judgment and then I feel their judgment of me judging and it's this really bad circle that doesn't seem to be getting any better. Anyone got any suggestions?

I did not even get to tell them about all the travelling and people I have met recently or about my bungee jumping experiences or my sacred gifts. AHHHHHH here's an ah ha moment for me- last night my gift of encouragement came into action- I was there to listen and encourage when needed. Andrea and I both have this gift in spades and it shows when we are the last two people to talk and we only hold the floor for a small period of time.

Super HUGE thank you to Monique MacDonald!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment